Wednesday 17 January 2018

Peace, Love Joy

Good Morning Scrappy Friends!
This morning I'm sharing this layout I created with some fun, new (to me) digital files. I went all high tech with this layout 😝
The cut file is from The Cut Shoppe and you can follow the link to make it yours, https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/581204389/the-peace-joy-cut-file-is-a-christmas?ga_search_query=joy&ref=shop_items_search_1.
The digital ephemera is from The Minty Octopus, https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TheMintyOctopus?ref=search_shop_redirect.

Finally, the paper collection I used is the Maggie Holmes, Carousel. It coordinated perfectly with the die cuts! It was a no brainer for me. LOL!



I started by cutting the title, Peace Love, Joy file from TCS with my Silhouette Cameo and popped it all up with dimensional foam. That was a little time consuming but I really like the over all popped up look. It really adds some depth and dimension to the layout. It makes the title look like it's jumping off the page and not just lying flat.

See what I mean about the lift and dimension? I love it!
 

Next, I played around with the embellishing. This collection from Cat Martin, Hip Holiday is adorable! I must have cut the files about 4 times each! I tried not to add too much ti this layout since the title is so large.  

I wanted just a loving sprinkle of ephemera and embellishments. The snowflakes were a perfect elent to add a achieve this overall look.


 
For a final touch, I added some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold. The light splatters just adds the most subtle bit of shimmer and shine. And, I just love the contrast.


That's it! Simple and easy with this layout!
Hope you enjoyed! I had fun with this one!

xoLina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!