Monday 20 November 2017

CVS | You Are My Dream Come True

Good Morning Fam,
Hope you all are having a lovely day thus far! Sharing my latest creation with you for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Our theme this week was Gratitude. And, like most parents, I am grateful for my little meatballs. They have made me the happiest of people and saved me so many times. I will be forever grateful for their existences ☺️


This is what I created using the newest line, Bohemian Dream...



I know I mention this alllll the time, but I am completely and utterly smitten with this collection. It's just beautiful!
I began with the back ground sheet which is called Kaleidoscope. It's that gorgeous, whitewashed woodgrain you see. Next, I took about a 2.5 inch cut from the light blue sheet and a sliver from the dark purply blue horizontal stripe, and created my base. The entire layout is bottom heavy and I love how the papers act as an anchor for my photo, title and embellishments.

Next, I always work on my photo. I chose a few papers from the 6x6 paper pad and one full sized sheet and matted my photo. Then I popped it up on foam for dimension. I love the over look of this technique; It really allows the photo to jump off the page. In this case, the photo is printed in black and white. I printed it in both colour and Black and white but I liked how the black and white photo looked best against the colours of the collection. 


For my title, I worked with the "dream" piece from the Chipboard Stickers and worked around it using Thickers in Hardcover, a hot pink puffy sticker type. The colour really works well with all the pinks in the collection. I'm happy with how the title worked out. 

Now for my favourite part... embellishing. I used pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera package as well as florals from the Vellum Accents. I really had to stop myself from using "all the things" 😛 I created clusters in the top right of the photo and the bottom left; Layering both ephemera and vellum.

When it came to embellishing, I wanted to incorporate something to signify me and my littles. I used 3 vellum butterflies from the collection, one larger a medium and a small. I only glued the middles down and then folded up the wings to simulate the butterflies in flight. I think this is my most favourite element on the entire layout. It makes my heart happy. ❤️
I then added a few choice tiny words from the Accessory Stickers sheet. You friends already know how I feel about these. LOL! I'm in total love with them!

I also added some gold metallic thread in nest formation and rested a Flair Button on top, using the beautiful pink butterfly flair.


To finish off my layout, I added some HSCS in Gold and some Enamel Shapes. They're both the most awesome finishing touches!
 
I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today as much as I've loved creating it! Thank you so much for joining me today on the blog!

xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!