Monday 6 November 2017

CVS | Life is Good

Good Morning Scrappy Fam!
Sharing my layout I created using the Bohemian Dream collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I have two little girls and so this collection is absolute perfection. The photo I have scrapbooked is of both my little monkeys, oddly enough, sitting on a tree stump in the forest. 😛

I started this layout knowing I was going to use a cut file. The one I chose is from Paper Issues and you can find it on their website. However, I only cut half of the file, I didn't want to use the entire file and fill my page. Instead, I opted to cut half and showcase the beautiful papers.
The file is cut from the paper Dreamer which was then backed with the Kaleidoscope paper. Then both were adhered to this gorgeous coral heart paper named, BoHo Bits. Just love the colourful over all look.


I printed my photo in black and white so that it would stand out again all the beautiful colour of the papers. I matted my photo with pieces of scrap paper from previous layouts and a couple from the 6x6 paper pad. The 6x6 paper pad is just perfect for matting your photos, cards and filing and backing cut files. It's my new fave!
I added some cut leaves from the Color Me Happy cut file set to the bottom left and right sides of my photo. This created my foundation for layering my ephemera.
For my title, I chose to use the fittingly perfect, Life is Good from the Chipboard Titles set. I left them white because I loved the contrast. 


I used pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and that cute purple bird from the Chipboard Stickers for my clusters. I also tucked in a partially cut chipboard frame behind my photo for added depth and dimension. To add to my clusters, I also used pieces from the Vellum Accents and Accessory Stickers. I just am loving all the florals in this collection! 


I felt the right side of my layout was missing something and so I decided to anchor the entire thing with a thin piece of paper cut from the Kaleidoscope sheet running vertically. I also added a smaller cluster using some tiny words from the Accessory Stickers, a chipboard piece and some metallic silver thread. 


To add a bit of something else, I took some white ink spray and splattered some paint around my clusters. It's subtle but I like the effect. Finally, I finished off my layout with a healthy sprinkling of peach Enamel Shapes in and around my page. It just adds a bit of something else without going over the top.
I also used a Flair button up in the top left hand corner which is sitting in a nest of strategically placed metallic thread in silver.

I just adore the way this layout came together and I hope you do as well! ☺️ 


Thank you so much for joining me today on the blog. I appreciate all your love and support!
xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!