Sunday 6 August 2017

CVS | Hello Sunshine

Hello Everyone,
Lina here today sharing a project I created using You Rock. I'm having so much fun working with this new collection. It's so bright and colourful and because it's Summer here in Canada, it's perfect to use for the season!
Also, I used a bunch (almost all 😜) of the new Summer Cut Files available on the website. You can find them here :  http://cocoavanilla.com.au/shop/summer-freebie-cut-files/

I'm scrapbooking a photo from last week of my parents and my littles at the park. They're all swinging on the swings and this shot captures so much happiness... I'm not sure who's having more fun, the kids or the grandparents 😊


First, I cut the FREE cut files I mentioned above out of some of the patterned paper in the collection. I felt it appropriate to use the yellow pattern for the words Hello Sunshine. Then I cut it a second time in another pattern paper and cut the sunshine piece off using a pair of scissors. I glued them on top of one another, slightly offset, creating a "shadow". I love the effect this gives.

Next, my fave... matting my photo. I used so many pieces from the collection including scraps from papers I had already cut into. After adding a few layers, I popped all of it on some foam sheet for dimension. I just adore the way a bit of lift gives the photo a lot of depth.


Next, I dug into the Die Cut Ephemera and looked for pieces that I thought went well with the layout and colour scheme that I was going for. I decided to make the teal/aqua pieces the focal colour and so I put aside all those pieces as I was searching. I used pieces from the Accessory Stickers sheet, including the little words and phrases to embellish my page and clusters.


Behind the photo and matting as well as behind the Flair Button I used, you'll see some tangled and messy thread. I just love the look of some peaking through.
I finished off the layout with a heathy sprinkling of Enamel Shapes in aqua and yellow to make the layout more cohesive as a whole.


That's it for me today my friends! I hope you enjoyed my layout and my process. I appreciate you stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!