Tuesday 6 June 2017

CVS | Awesome Shaker Cards

Hey Friends! Welcome to the blog today!
I'm super excited to share something a little different with you. Something a little different then the layouts I make. From time to time, I like to create cards and that's what I've got to share with you today. I've been on a shaker card making kick lately and this collection, You Rock, is perfect for those masculine birthday cards.
I've made two so far, and I want so badly to make more. They're fun! I need to carve out more time to create cards. After all, they're always in demand as it's always someone's birthday! LOL! So, here's what I created...


Both cards measure 4.25 x 5.5 inches, one is landscape and one is portrait. First thing I did was create frames with dies for both. I used one that had a stitched detail. Then I cut some transparencies to fit the frame. To build up my frame, I used three sheets of foam each. I knew I needed some extra space in the shakers to accommodate the thicker pieces of embellishments I wanted to use to decorate the inside of the cards. I allowed everything to dry overnight so there weren't any sticky bits the sequins would stick to later.
 

 I choose background papers that wouldn't complete with all the fun shaker bits and embellishments I wanted to add, so I chose papers that were muted in design. Nothing overpowering in terms of colours or prints.

 To embellish, and add the sentiment I wanted to convey, I used the wood veneer pieces that I heat embossed a couple weeks ago. I used embossing powders in both black and pearl orange. Next, I selected pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera package.
I also used pieces from the Rubber Charms. The fit perfectly in the window since I had given myself enough space with the foam.
My cards *needed* that something else, So I liberally used the Enamel Shapes to add that punch of colour and design.



Now, for the fun part... the sequins! I wanted it to be a super festive card so I went to town with the sequins. I picked colours that screamed PARTY!!! Using colours that are already in the collection, I chose some Aquas, oranges, yellows, metallics and blues. I also added some small beads for another type of dimension and texture. I like the look of all these fun elements together!


Here you can see all the dimension both of the foam creating the actual shaker and the contents on the inside. I could stare at all the pretties all day!

I kept the inside super simple... I matted the inside with some patterned paper from the collection topped with some white card stock to write my sentiments. And that's it! The outside already has so much going on, I didn't want to add (or take away from) to the fun element of the card.

And, that's it! These cards took a little longer to create because of all the extra steps involved, but they are soooo worth it! I can't wait to see the faces of the recipients when they open their cards!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have an amazingly, creative day! xoLina ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!