Monday 20 February 2017

PI: February Issue, Let's Play Post Office | Round 2

Hey Friends!
Today, I'm sharing a layout I created for the second round of the February Issue at Paper Issues, Let's Play Post Office. The challenge was to use these suggested prompts:

-Use office supplies like binder clips, tags, push pins, postage stamps and envelopes. 
-Alter a clipboard. 
-Include stamping on your project. 
-Document a piece of mail or a love letter. 
-Create a layout about your latest Paper Issues package (either a photo of the box and/or contents). 
-Show us your kids, grandchildren, etc. at play. 
-Share something about Valentine's Day/love.

You can find all the other ladies inspiration here on the Paper Issues Blog.

For my layout, I used the incredibly cute collection from Fancy Pants Designs, Sweet Nothings. I mean, c'mon.... it was absolutely perfect for this challenge with all it's mail and postage icons. I couldn't have been more excited to rip into it for this reason.

I used bits and pieces from almost everything in the collection, including the 6x6 paper pad, puffy stickers, tags and labels and of course the ephemera pack. It was all just too perfect to pass up...



At the end, I decided it needed some paint splatter and that's when I reached for my trusty Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold.


I really like (and wanted) dimension on my layouts. I feel like some pieces scream to be lifted off the page and so for those pieces, I used foam sheets cut into pieces. I popped up the center postage stamp piece with foam along with various other pieces around my layout.

 To see my entire process, be sure to head over to my channel and watch the video 😊

Thanks so much for stopping by today. And remember that if you're shopping at Paper Issues, use discount code LINA for 20% off your entire order.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!