Monday 6 February 2017

CVS | Best Ever Smile



Hello Everyone!
I'm super excited to share with you today my first official layout and post for Cocoa Vanilla Studio! Thank you all for joining me!

Today's layout is created entirely with the Make A Wish collection and I just adore how this collection is birthday and celebration themed but there are such gorgeous elements added to make it totally useable for everyday layouts like this one. This photo is one of my youngest daughter, with a great big toothy grin. She's such a happy babe!

I started the layout with a white sheet of cardstock in which I cut a cut file using my Silhouette Cameo. I used the geometric heart file and leafy file from the Colour Me Happy Cut file. The geometric heart was cut out of the white cardstock and then backed with the gorgeous Daydream paper, popped up with a foam sheet for dimension and then adhered to my layout. I adore all the dimension on the layout!


I decided to use a black and white photo for my layout. This way, all the pretty colours of the collections could stand out and not compete with my photo. I then matted the photo with various layers and papers from the collection. Love the contrast of colours and patterns!

To embellish, I used pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. So much goodness crammed into one gorgeous packet. I wish I could have used it all! I also used pieces from the Accessory Sticker sheet.

For my title, I used a bit from the ephemera pack, <<Best Ever>>, as well as letters from the Alphabet Stickers to spell out Smile. So, as a whole, my title reads, Best Ever Smile.

For the first time ever, I used my sewing machine to add a bit of stitching on my layout. I've had my sewing machine for over a year and this was the first time I actually used it. Life happens!

For much of my layout, I used foam to add dimension and I simply adore using it. It just adds that pop to a layout and makes certain pieces jump off the page.

That's exactly what I wanted with the circular piece above you see that says, "Love that Smile". That is a sticker from the Accessory sheet that I layered on top of a piece of foam that was backed with a circular piece of patterned paper from the collection. And Voila! Now that piece of ephemera totally stands out!

Finally, to finish off my layout, I added some gold spray mist to accent all the gorgeous ephemera I used.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I look forward to "seeing" you all again! ðŸ’œ xoLina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I {heart} comments!